Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
What Can I Cook For PAkistani Dawat? Starters, Mains and desert
saher4 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 2:31:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Hi, I am confused what to cook and what goes together.

I need 2 or 3 starters e.g tandoori chicken, main items and a desert. 

Can anyone help please?

Sponsor  

ustani Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 4:23:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member, Moderators
Woman

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Saher first of all a very warm welcoem to you. I hope you will have fun with all naughty and fun and loving group memebers. HAHAHAA

First tell me what kind of dawat it is coz its differnt when ur friends r coming  u can be as casual in the menu as u can be.

for typical pakistani menu u can make:

for starter shami kabab with slaad and chutney

harey masala ka pulao

palak aloo

and one of my personal favorites karahi chicken

kajoo firni

for chinese

starter eggrolls and wonton soup

egg fried rice

sweet and sour chicken

beef chillies

make fruit trifel  i know its not chinese but it goes well with the above dishes.

If you need further help dont hesitate to post

and one more request plz introduce urself and come in our class

حسنه محمود 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
KP Admin Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 6:36:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Can we add Pasta in there some where.

to me a good dawat must have a great tasting Palak gosht and some Chicken Biryani

roshan8877 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:19:48 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Saher first of all a very warm welcoem to you.
i think main course main chicken aur meat k alawa ak veages ki dush b ho main asy hi kari hoon kiu k kuch log meat wagyra shoqsy nahi khaty is liy
Hallem chawal b achay lagty hain dawat main
Amanda Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:47:40 PM(UTC)

Woman

Hi Saher,

I would try as far as possible to prepare dishes which can easily be prepared in advance,especially if you want to provide a wide selection of dishes for example as starters I would try shami kebabs, as they just need to have egg and fry at the last minute, Also I would do Chicken Tikka and to serve with both I would prepare Aloo chat, All of these things can be made in advance and will give you more time with your guests, It will also cater for all tastes as you will have chicken Lamb and vegetarian option covered, be sure to serve on dressed plates of lettuce or baby spinach as presentaion is always important.

For Main course I agree with Kp Admin in as much as biryani should be served at parties, though traditionally sag is served as a side to a meat or chicken Biryani and not mixed with any meat, I would therefore either make a yukhni for a good pulau rice or a meat Biryani served with a seperate Chicken dish such as butter chicken, murgh mukani. The side dishes I would serve would be palak or sag and although everyone says Dahl is not for parties I disagree, everyone loves Dahl with Palak and meat and both vegetarian dishes go with the meat dishes.

For dessert I would keep it simple so that you are free to entertain, I would serve a selection of Methai and Kulfi and maybe a keer pudding or fruit salad.

It is important for your menu to flow through therefore if you start with Meat and chicken you continue with meat and chicken, If you start with Prawn puri's then you have scope to add a dried fish dish in the mains. But if I have meat for my starters it is unlikely though not unthinkable that I would have fish for main.

Hope this is helpful and that you have a great time both preparing and during the party.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply