“My hair is not behaving well”, we get to hear this from every other student, working lady or sit home mom. No wonder after all the crazy routines, improper diet, harsh chemical hair products and hair styling appliances our hair starts to fall, go frizzy, dry or damaged. No matter how busy you are, reserve at least an hour especially for your hair once a week. Pamper your hair with homemade hair care recipes and give it all the attention it needs.
Homemade hair care recipes are completely safe. You can treat your hair with a hair care recipe without any hesitation. But first you have to get to know your hair first like what is your hair texture, is your hair oily or dry, what it needs to improve. All the homemade hair care recipes has different ingredients, some are good for dry hair and some suites oily hair. Different ingredients have different effect on different hair type. If one homemade hair care recipe doesn’t give you expected results then try out another one. But generally homemade hair care recipes are for general treatment of hair to make it more healthy, lively and lustrous.
Homemade Hair Care Recipes for Dull, Rough and Frizzy Hair
Most of us face the problem of dull, rough and frizzy hair. To turn your hair from dull, rough and frizzy into beautiful, healthy, soft and silky hair, you need to deeply moisturize your hair inside and out. Try out a few of the following homemade hair care recipes for dull, rough and frizzy hair.
• Mash 1/2 a banana with 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey. Apply it to your dry hair and wash it off after 20 minutes.
• Mix 2 tsp of sour cream with 1/2 tsp of wheat germ oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Apply it to your hair and wash it off after 15 minutes.
• Mix 3 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp honey. Apply it to your hair and wrap it up in a towel or shower cap. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
• Mix 1 tbsp coconut oil with 3 tbsp sour cream. Apply it to hair and wrap it in a towel or shower cap. Wash it off after 30 minutes.
• Mix 2 tsp of olive oil with 1 whole egg. Apply it to your hair and wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes.
You can also finish a hair wash with one of the following hair care rinse for dull, rough and frizzy hair:
• Mix juice of 1 lemon with 2 cup of water. Rinse your hair with it after shampoo. Great for oily hair.
• Mix 1 tbsp vinegar with 1 tbsp honey and 3 cup of water. Rinse your hair with it after shampoo.
• Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup water. Apply it to your hair after shampoo and leave it for 3 minutes. Then lightly rinse your hair with slightly warm water.
Homemade Hair Care Recipes for Dry and Damaged Hair
The biggest problem that anyone of us can face is dry and damaged hair, which eventually leads to split ends and hair fall. The major cause of dry and damaged hair is harsh chemical hair products and hair styling appliances. The first step to repair your dry and damaged hair is to switch to a milder shampoo and restraint from using hair styling appliances. And treat your hair with one of the following homemade hair care recipe for dry and damaged hair.
• Grind 1/2 a ripe avocado with 1 cup mayonnaise and apply it to your hair. Cover your hair with a towel or shower cap for 25 minutes and then wash it off.
• Mash 1 ripe avocado with enough coconut milk to form a reasonable consistency and apply it to your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap and wash it off after 30 minutes.
• Mix 1 tbsp of castor oil with 1 egg yolk. Apply it to your hair and wash it off after 20 minutes.
• Mix juice of 1 lemon with 2 egg yolks, 1 egg white and 1 tbsp honey. Apply it to your hair and wash it off after 10 minutes.
• Mash 1 avocado with 1 egg yolk and apply it to your hair. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Homemade Hair Care Recipes for Greasy and Oily Hair
Controlling greasy and oily hair is a very critical task. The excess oil needs to be controlled and wash off without drying hair. Shampooing regularly with a mild shampoo will definitely help and try one of the following homemade hair care recipes for greasy and oily hair.
• Take 2 tbsp of Indian gooseberry, half a soap nut and 1 piece of shikakai (torn into pieces). Put it all in a glass jar and add 1 to 1 1/2 cup of boiling water in it. Leave it to rest for 2-3 hours or overnight. Wash your hair with it.
• Beat 1 egg white or more and apply it to your dry hair. Let it dry then wash it off.
• Mix some freshly squeezed lemon juice with your everyday shampoo and use it fresh.
• Simmer 1/4 cup of rosemary in 1 1/2 cup of water for 6-8 minutes. Strain the mixture and let it cool. Use it as a rinse after shampoo.