With temperatures rising, planning parties and Barbeques, and guests arriving it’s the perfect time to chill with a refreshing exotic drink. Rather than serve your guests, or yourself with simple Sprite, Coke, or Roafza (Rose syrup) drinks, try creating these fancy drinks, not only will they be cooling but will look great, and best of all are alcohol free.
Such drinks are great to serve at children’s birthday parties.
We not only give you a few non alcoholic drink recipes as well as how to create your own fancy drinks and how to present your cocktails.
Create Your Own Mocktail
It’s not that difficult to create an exotic drink, here is a quick guide in how to make cocktails yourself with basic ingredients.
Stock up on fruit juices of your choice, which are the base for many mocktails. Orange juice, lime juice or cranberry juices are wonderful ways to begin making an exotic drink. Tropical drinks blended with peach-cranberry, or banana - mango give a delicious taste. For a real zing, try adding grapefruit or lemonade.
Use fizzy drinks such as lemon-lime soda, Sprite, or tonic or make fizzy drinks by adding some ginger ale, tonic water, and club soda or lemon-lime soda. Try mixing them with different combinations of fruit juices for a mock tail cooler.
You can purchase a small bottle of grenadine syrup if you want to imitate alcoholic cocktails. Grenadine will add sweetness to your cool drinks, along with a rosy red glow to orange or pineapple juice blends. Grenadine sometimes contains alcohol. Grenadine is sugary syrup that is flavoured with pomegranates.
Quick Homemade Grenadine Syrup Recipe
Ingredients: 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of pure pomegranate juice and few drops of red food colouring.
Method: Bring juice to boil, reduce heat and mix in sugar, stirring continuously, until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool, refrigerate in a sterile glass bottle, for up to two weeks.
A lot of famous alcoholic cocktail drinks include tomato juice as a base, so try making drinks with tomato juice but replacing alcohol with lemonade or other juices.
Put the tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and other ingredients in a highball glass with plenty of ice.
Quick Easy Non-Alcoholic Cocktail Recipes
Here a few exotic drink recipes for you to try out that are well known cocktails alcohol free.
Blend 3 and half ounces of frozen strawberries, half an ounce of sweet and sour mix, a dash of grenadine syrup, and a few ice cubes in a blender. This creates single serving fruity drink, increase each ingredients in order to make a jug full.
Non-alcoholic shirley temple
Mix quarter cup of lemon-lime soda (like Sprite or 7-Up) with 1.5 tbsp of grenadine syrup in a glass over ice. Stir the drink well and garnish with a cherry. Delicious!
There are lots of different versions of pina colada’s, use this simple basic Pina-Colada recipe, substitute with coconut cream, or add banana’s. Blend a cup of ice with a 1 and 1/4 cup of pineapple juice, half a cup of milk, half a cup of heavy cream, and two table spoons of white sugar. When the mixture is smoothly blended, ideally serve in two coconut shaped cups, or in glasses with umbrellas.
Exotic morning wake-up
Mix half glass of orange juice with half glass cranberry juice, add peach nectar. Add ice in a glass, pour juice and grenadine syrup over the ice. Garnish with pineapple wedge.
Mix half a glass or orange juice with half glass of pineapple juice and 1 oz grenadine syrup. Pour over glass filled with ice cubes.
We have hundreds of more cooling summer drink recipes for you to try:
!!!.. check.... Drinks, Lassi, Milkshake, Juices
How to serve your drinks
While your drink must taste good it is important that it looks good too. There are simple ways to make drinks look appealing. You don’t have to buy expensive and very intricate designed glasses, simple glasses that have a colourful liquid garnished nicely will automatically look appetizing.
Rim of glasses
• Dip the rim of glasses in a lemon based sweet liquid, then in a plate put some Nimbopani (Lemon) or Sweet & Sour or Tang (orange) powder and dip the rim of glass into this.
• You can dip rim of glass in coconut flakes as well.
• Buy a cocktail stick, or short skewer, toothpick and then insert fruit cubes. Place across the glass and serve.
• Add cherries in a glass, of course these will sink to the bottom of the glass, so serve a small spoon alongside your drinks.
• Dip fruits into lemon juice, and then use these to garnish along the rim. Use strawberry, pineapple, apple, melon or banana, kiwi, orange, lemon slices to garnish along the top of rim of glass.
• You can either crush ice or simply serve ice cubes in drinks; both have their own effect in appearance of drink.
• Alternatively use colourful re-useable ice cubes that are widely available in stores.
• Try freezing orange juice, Ribena or any other drink in ice cube trays and serve these in your drinks.
Straws, Umbrellas & Stirrers
• Straws are not so expensive, simple ones will do just as well, and make you feel as if your having some fancy drink even if it’s simple juice.
• You can purchase umbrellas that are part of straws these are great as well to give a great exotic cocktail look.
• You can buy fancy or simple stirrers to make your drink not only fancy but will also be practical; these stirrers will help to mix any unmixed syrups or ice cubes as well.